Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Look at me...I'm DIY!

So before I begin this post, there are two things you must know about me:

1. I love a good DIY blog, even though I rarely never do any of the things on them.
2. I have recently fallen in love obsession with Pinterest (trust me, if you're not on it, you should be!)

Hey Roohi, What do these two things have in common?  Oh, I'm so glad you asked!

Basically, my all time favorite DIY blogger, Young House Love, issued a Summer Pinterest Challenge!  YHL challenged its readers to stop pinning and start doing!  Well, that was all the motivation I needed!
logo credit: younghouselove,com

So, here we go:
I have a  this giant blank wall in our new living room.  
It's floor to ceiling, and longer than my "wingspan" so right now its a blank, tan canvas!  I found an awesome lady on craigslist selling a bunch of frames for $1-$3 and will be picking some up today.  I plan to paint them all white, so that the frames pop-out on our tan wall.  I have a couple pinterest inspirations (aka pinspirations..,haha get it?) to help fill it:

PINSPIRATION #1: THE WHITE PHOTO WALL
photo credit: younghouselove.com
Hopefully, my finished product will look as cool/comparably cool as this one!  Either way, this is the general end goal!

PINSPRIATION #2: THE STARBURST MIRROR
make your own #starburst mirror for $5!
photo credit: inmyownstyle.com
I plan to paint the clips white to match the frames! It will also add a little dimension to our giant wall so that not everything is square...

PINSPIRATION #3: MAP ART
Photo Credit: everythingfab.com
Since we've lived in so many places (we're up to 5 now!), I thought it would be cool to honor our homes with maps...I probably won't do hearts, but something along these lines would be cool.

PINSPIRATION #4: HEAD SHOT
So I love the idea of putting a head shot/silhouette on the wall, but with a twist (cliff hanger...check back to see if my silhouettes with a twist ends up on our wall!)

PINSPIRATION #5: R
Photo Credit: etsy.com
Of course, a good sturdy R will make a showing in our wall.  Haven't decided on the color yet, but it will be there! ...maybe I'll even add an "A" and "F" depending on the space...

OTHER PINSPIRATIONS I'M TOYING WITH:
some of these are a little more complex, and they may be more the add in later once you figure them out type of projects...we'll see!
Photo Credit: andreasteed.com
Photo Credit: manmadediy.com
Photo Credit: patterybarn.com
 There will, of course, be some photos on our wall, but stay tuned for updates on my Pinterest Summer Challenge project!

No comments:

Post a Comment