Monday, July 25, 2011

Our new home

Okay so I know I'm on a posting rampage, but don't lie, y'all love it!  Here are the before/in progress/after pictures of our new place!  Enjoy!

Amir's Study Nook
The beautiful part about this apartment, aside from increasing our calorie burn hiking up 3 flights of stairs in the heat, is that Amir has his own little study area.  He is visually distracted by nothing but the wall in front of him and can keep the light on as late as he wants when I go to bed.  Law School here he comes!



The Living Room
Its a pretty good size, but has a bit of an awkward layout with no natural place to put the TV.  Luckily, Amir's visionary skills made it work!  We're also looking at flea markets/antique stores/craigslist to put a little side table (drawn below) between our couch and the wall so that gap is a little less awkward.




Kitchen/Dining Area
Delicious meals made & eaten here so far: Baked Chicken, Spicy Mediterranean salad, Faye's spectacular Turkey Burgers, Speghetti with Spicy Turkey meatballs.  The storage is a little more awkward in this kitchen than our last, but it all worked out in the end.





W.C./Laundry Room
The Jack & Jill bathroom is still weird to us, but it has 2 sinks (I can brush my teeth for as long as I want) and tons of storage so its a trade off, I suppose.  I'm also trying to create my own piece of art for the wall over the towel rack so more updates on that when its finished!



Bedroom
Bedroom=smaller than Austin, closet = huge!  I love it!  Also, I forgot to take a before picture, so the "in progress" photo is just where the movers dumped everything in our room!





Balcony (with a view)

1 comment:

  1. Moving from one house to another can a difficult task for anyone. Instead of self moving its better to hire good moving company. Here are few tips to know: how to find good moving company around you. Austin Moving Company.

    ReplyDelete