Sunday, August 21, 2011

Update: Pinterest Summer Challenge

Almost a month ago I enlisted myself for YoungHouseLove's Pinterest Challenge...remember?


Well, here is how far I've made it (which is not very far at all)
The White Photo Wall: I purchased several frames off of craigslist from a super cool lady who was selling all of her possessions to bike from Texas to South America with her husband.  They were all different sizes and textures so I took them home, primed them and spray painted them white. 
Now, this doesn't sound like a a big deal, right?  Well, both the primer and spray paint have warnings not to use above 90 degrees and/or 80% humidity.  Oddly enough, that hasn't happened in Houston since we moved here a month ago so the actual painting process was a bit of a challenge...I also may have nearly suffocated Amir a few times because I kept dragging the recently spray-painted frames inside where it wasn't 100 degrees out!  [There was also a warning about painting in a well ventilated area...as you can see, I'm not one for warnings...]  I don't have anything to put in the frames just yet, but they are dry and just waiting to be hung!

1 comment:

  1. cute! i started putting fabric in frames and kinda like it. plus it's cheap wall art :)

    ReplyDelete