Sunday, August 28, 2011

Adventures in the Kitchen

Since my current job description is house wife, I have been spending my days cooking, cleaning and eating bon-bons.

Since I have the time, I've tried out a few new recipes...and my live-in food critic gave a few reviews along the way.  So, here they are...give them a try if you're hungry!

Potatoes Gratin with Goat Cheese & Tomatoes
The original recipe  called for olives too, but we made it without them since Amir's not the biggest fan.  It turned out really good, and the left overs were just as delicious as the day of servings!
putting together Potatoes Gratin a la Faye
 We paired it with spicy barbecue pot roast and a broccoli-apple-yogurt salad.  The pot roast is a recipe I made up a while back, and the salad was a spur of the moment invention.  It turned out okay, but could use some tweaking.  Amir wasn't a huge fan, but agreed that with some changes it could has potential
Delicious Dinner
 White Cheddar Mac & Cheese with Broccoli
Tonight I tried this recipe, which I discovered on Pinterest, but is originally from Craving Chronicles.  I paired it with herb chicken and the whole meal was quite delicious.  Amir wasn't a huge fan of the white cheddar, so maybe we'll try the mac&cheese with another kind of cheese in the future!
White Cheddar Mac n Cheese!
delish!

 I also made Cookies n' Cream cupcakes for dessert...no pictures though...I'm too busy eating them!

1 comment:

  1. you go girl! i am not going to show brent this post though, i don't want him to get any ideas;)

    ReplyDelete