Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Ready or not Thanksgiving... here I come!

Let it be known, I'm pretty stoked about making my first ever Thanksgiving Dinner! 

So, in preperation for this exciting 1st in my life, I have run full force into planning mode.  I chose all of the recipes I need to make dinner and dessert. I made one list of all the ingredients for each recipe that I did not already have in the house.  I made draft #2 of the shopping list by consolidating all of the amounts of each grocery I needed to buy.  The final draft included the item, the amount I needed, and the sale/coupon price for two different store. 

Amir watched silently throughout my furvent hunt for the best recipes, while making 3 versions of the grocery list and while clipping coupons/sale hunting.  His only comment as I was getting ready to leave for the grocery store was, "Have fun Paul."

For those of you who know my father, you will also recognize that I have already turned into him in many ways by the age of 25. 

 Anyway, I came home with everything needed for Thanksgiving 2011, and the preperation starts tomorrow!  Check back in for more Thanksgiving Adventures with Faye!

No comments:

Post a Comment