Tuesday, November 22, 2011

THANKFUL I'm not in law school

Since I have the week off, I went to school with Amir on Monday to see what this whole law school thing was about.  Let me tell you, I'm thankful I don't have to go every day.

Whose House? COOGS HOUSE!
The day started off with breakfast tacos!  Wait, correction: the day started with breakfast tacos because Amir and his entire 1L cohort had to turn in a 10 page memo that most of them have been working on for the entire semester.  As I delighted in my taco, I was happy to reap the benefits of their hard work!

Amir in his carrol
Amir's first class was Torts.  I think I follow the English-Spanish-Farsi conversations that happen across the  Roohi family dinner table better than whatever that professor was talking about.  I have no idea what happened, but I did finish 4 lesson plans for the week after Thanksgiving instead. (yay!)

Class number two was Civil Procedure.  The professor is infamous among UH law students and the bain of most of their first semester existence.  He doesn't allow computers and insults people when they don't know the answer correctly, so basically I learned about preclusion, diversity, forum shopping, loss of consortium and a 3 pronged rule that no one remembered.  I thought the guy was hilarious, but then again, he doesn't give me a grade at the end of the semester.

At the end of the day, I see why Amir is so exhausted.  Before this, I gave him a hard time because all he has to do is sit and learn (as compared to teaching 8th graders all day); however, law school is boring and draining and I wanted a nap afterward. 

So, I'm thankful my life isn't taking that path and kudos to Amir for sticking through that every day...

No comments:

Post a Comment